Last updated on December 7th, 2023 at 01:00 pm
Suzuki GSX S1000GT Review, Mileage, Specs, price see here in this blog. and this bike is the only competitor of the Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX. And it is one of the best touring bikes that is loaded with features. if you want to know which one is the best bike then read their article till last to get your answer.
About This Blog # Watch Review
- Guys, I am back with another interesting review of one of the best touring bikes in the world.
- I am talking about Suzuki GSX-S1000GT & I can assure you that you cannot find a detailed review like that.
- Anyone can contact me at Avinashsharma1342@gmail.com.
|46.5 MPG (18.4 kmpl)
|145 MPH (233 kmph)
|193 Miles (310 km)
|810 mm (31.9 in)
Suzuki GSX S1000 price in India
- Well, Suzuki has not launched its GSX-S1000GT yet in India.
- This all-new Suzuki GSX S1000 GT replaced the previous model GSX-S1000F.
- This Suzuki GSX-S1000F was available in India at the price of ₹ 12,98,233/- lakh rupees.
|Suzuki GSX S1000 GT
|₹ 13,50,000/- ($13,799)
|Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX (2023)
|₹ 11,86,000/- ($13,199 USA)
|# Kawasaki Ninja H2
|₹ 34,99,000/- ($30,500 USA)
|Kawasaki Ninja H2R
|₹ 79,90,000/- ($56,500 USA)
|₹ 13,00,000/- ($18,799 USA)
Suzuki GSX S1000 GT Design with Images
- Before starting this interesting review I want to say that I have already uploaded a review.
- The review of the Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX is the only rival of our Suzuki GSX S1000 GT.
- Suzuki and Kawasaki have updated their sports touring bikes.
- And they have added new designs and features to the bike to make it more versatile.
- Whereas Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX is available in India & Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT is about to launch.
- So let’s talk about these touring bikes and compare them with each other.
- First Suzuki discontinued the GSX-S1000F and launched a new GSX S1000GT.
- The nice thing about this new bike is it has completely new aerodynamic bodywork.
- And Suzuki GSX S1000GT looks absolutely fantastic & I am in love with its stunning design.
- The striking new front cowling combines the protruding nose & dual LED headlights.
- And there is a v-shaped LED Day Time Running light between headlights looks fantastic.
- On the previous bike like the 2018 Suzuki GSX S1000F side mirrors are mounted on the handlebar.
- But in 2022 Suzuki GSX S1000 GT gets a new mirror bolted on the front cowl enhancing its dynamic look.
- No matter what angle you are looking at the bike looks dynamic even at a standstill.
- A similar case is with the Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX it also looks dynamic as well as sporty.
- Apart from that, to enhance riding comfort a large aerodynamic windscreen comes with this bike.
- Although this windscreen is not adjustable Suzuki is offering more large windscreens as an accessory.
- To suit rider needs, but this is not the case with the Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX.
- The large windscreen of Ninja 1000SX can be adjustable in up to 4-ways.
- As I said at the start of this blog that a touring bike needs to be aerodynamic.
- So as you can see in the images that I have posted the bike has lots of Sharpe lines, cuts, and creases.
- Absolutely complex bodywork it’s from front to rear every panel is designed to be aerodynamic.
- And side fairings are not covering the engine entirely and living lots of space to let the hot air pass.
- But one thing I appreciate about Suzuki GSX-S1000GT is no large saree guard and tube-type ugly grab rail is there.
- I have seen many bikes of Kawasaki like the Ninja 300, Ninja 400, Ninja 650, and Ninja 1000SX.
Instead of this, you will get a well-designed grab rail for pillion comfort.
- Speaking of comfort seats, are designed well and nicely padded to keep you in comfort.
- Now let’s sit on the bike, as you place your foot on the footpegs you will notice rubber is installed over it.
- These aluminum pegs of both the rider and passenger footrest are covered with vibration-absorbing
- This reduces the amount of vibration transmitted to the feet, which in turn lessens fatigue, especially on long rides.
- So seats are comfortable, footpegs are in an ergonomic position, and the handlebar is positioned high.
- But Suzuki GSX S1000 It is fitted with tube type handlebar whereas Ninja 1000SX is fitted with Clip-on Handlebar.
- I like the Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX handlebar because it looks sporty and gives good control over the bike.
- And there are other elements that you get just like Ninja 1000SX.
- Its large 6.5” Full-Color TFT Display shows lots of information about bikes.
- And Suzuki’s GSX-X1000 GT display is more significant than Kawasaki’s 1000SX 4.2” TFT Display.
- Besides this, Suzuki said that this TFT display has an anti-reflective coating that improves visibility in bright light.
- Also, this TFT display has scratch resistance & brightness is adjustable with Day/Night display themes.
- To control the display features switches are placed on the left handlebar.
- There is a dedicated USB outlet on the left side of the screen to keep your gadget charged throughout your journey.
- And guys I have posted 20 plus HD images of the Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT so that you can see every detail of the bike.
Suzuki GSX S1000GT Colors
- Our new GSX-S1000 GT is available in only two colors Metallic Triton Blue, Metallic Reflective Blue & Gloss Sparkle Black Color.
- Both these blue color shades look decent and enhance visibility from afar.
- But the company should offer more colors and I personally like the Metallic Triton Blue color.
- Besides this, I have posted several images of both blue color shades in this blog.
Suzuki GSX S1000GT Specs
- We have talked a lot of things about GSX-S1000GT design and features.
- But without a powerful engine, a touring bike can’t perform well on the road.
- So the heart of the new GSX-S1000GT is a 999 cc 4-stroke DOHC liquid-cooled engine.
- This engine is based on the same engine that powered the Suzuki litre-class sport bike GSX-R1000.
- This 999 cc engine delivers a healthy 152 PS (112 KW) of power and 106 NM of torque.
- Helping this engine is a six-speed close-ratio transmission that features a vertically staggered shaft to reduce overall engine length.
- A bi-directional Quick Shifter and Slipper clutch offers a smooth shift to make the ride more comfortable.
- The GSX-S1000GT’s long-stroke GSX-R engine has been refined to produce a broad, smooth torque curve.
- Through the full rev range with increased peak horsepower.
- The GSX-S1000GT provides predictable & controllable throttle response.
- With abundant top-end power to provide riders with an exciting riding experience.
- The new camshaft profiles decrease lift and valve overlap not only to improve emissions.
- But balance the engine performance and drivability while enhancing rider control.
- Besides this, new valve springs are calibrated to a new camshaft to aid performance & improve durability.
- This bike also has Suzuki’s Twin Swirl Combustion Chamber (TSCC) design is machined into the cylinder head.
- That with the flat-top piston can achieve a 12.2:1 compression ratio that helps deliver a broad spread of power.
- Besides this, new electronic throttle bodies are used on the GSX-S1000GT.
- So that engine offeres smooth and controlled response especially when the rider is applying throttle to accelerate of a corner.
- A Long-tip 10-hole fuel injector on each throttle body improves fuel atomization.
- While the automatic idle speed control (ISC) improves cold starting & stabilizes the engine idle.
- Whereas air cleaner’s external shape is changed to accommodate the larger capacity fuel tank (5.0 US Gallons)
- A big four-cylinder engine heats a lot especially when we ride it in city traffic.
- But in this bike lower radiator shrouds efficiently guide cooling air to the high-capacity, curved radiator.
- A thermostatically controlled cooling fan helps ensure lower coolant temperature.
- When riding in slow-moving traffic. The design also deflects hot air away from the rider at high speed.
- Although GSX-S1000GT is not launched yet in India you can expect 46.5 MPG (18.4 kmpl) mileage from it.
Suzuki GSX S1000GT Seat Height
- Duty of a touring bike that is designed especially should offer a good riding position.
- The Suzuki GSX S1000GT seat height is 810 mm whereas Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX has an 835 mm seat height.
- So it will be easier for a short rider to rest both feet on the ground while sitting on the bike on our GSX-S1000GT.
- Besides this company have to find the optimum riding position for the riding.
- By adjusting the handlebar grips 14mm closer to the rider than the previous GSX-S1000F.
- The new tapered handlebars are also lengthened to achieve a 23mm wider grip placement.
- In addition, it makes the bar more comfortable to hold and gives the rider great control over the bike with minimum effort.
Suzuki GSX S1000 Suspensions & Brakes
- The GT is equipped with top-of-the-line radial-mounted Brembo Monobloc calipers.
- The calipers each have for opposed Ø 32mm piston acting on a Ø310mm floating-mount disc for strong stopping power.
- An antilock braking system (ABS) helps the rider stay in directional control even during hard braking.
- The system is programmed to monitor wheel speed and match stopping power to the available traction.
- Talking about suspension the Ø43 mm KYB inverted forks feature 120 mm of wheel travel.
- And fully adjustable damping, rebound, compression, and spring pre-load setting.
- At the rear, the link-type suspension boasts 130 mm of rear wheel travel with adjustable rebound damping.
- And spring pre-load settings that react efficiently to varying road surfaces to maintain an agile and stable feel.
- The suspension setting was thoroughly tested and tuned to optimize to suit the new Dunlop SPORTMAX 2 tires.
- Achieving nimbler handling and improved steering into corners.
Suzuki GSX S1000GT Mileage
- As I said new Suzuki GSX-S1000GT is not launched yet in India.
- So it’s really difficult to assure about the mileage of the bike.
- But I have some real-world test figures tested by the international riders.
- The side Suzuki GSX-S1000GT delivered 46.5 MPG (18.4 kmpl) mileage.
- But if you ride economically on the highway you can expect over 20 kmpl of mileage.
Suzuki GSX S1000GT Top speed
- These touring bikes are not designed to hit maximum top speed.
- Because practically it’s quite impossible to ride at max speed often on the road.
- If you are mad about top speed then I would suggest the ultimate Suzuki Hayabusa and Ninja H2R.
- And Suzuki GSX S1000GT delivered 233 kmph top speed without any problem & it’s great.
Suzuki GSX-S1000GT Specifications
|In-line four-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC
|Bore x Stroke
|73.4 mm x 59.0 mm
|6-Speed constant mesh with back-torque-limiting clutch
|43mm KYB inverted forks with adjustable compression, rebound and spring preload.
|Link type, KYB shock with adjustable rebound damping and spring preload.
|Brembo Monobloc Radial-mount 4-piston calipers, dual 310mm floating discs with ABS.
|Nissin single-piston caliper, 220mm disc with ABS.
Suzuki GSX S1000GT Dimensions
|3 Year Unlimited Kilometre (2-Year Std + 1 Year Bonus)
Suzuki gsx s1000 accessories
- The Company is offering a couple of accessories to enhance riding comfort.
- And also check the price of each accessory but GSX-S1000GT is not available in India.
|GSX-S1000GT Large Touring screen
|GSX-S1000 Wheel Decal
|# Front Axle Slider
|Fuel Tank Protector decals
|Tank Bag Small
|# Tank Bag Large
|Brembo Front caliper set Red Color
Suzuki GSX-S1000GT Expert Opinion
- Now as we are heading toward the end of this blog I came up with an answer.
- Yes Suzuki GSX-S1000GT is a great touring bike & offers a sporty design and rides to the customer.
- And there is another bike Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX that also similar performance.
- Both the bikes are great and it’s difficult to choose one of them but the GSX-S1000Gt is slightly more advanced than Ninja 1000SX.
Why these touring bikes are not popular in India?
- In my opinion, people are more interested in buying BMW R1250 GS, Ducati Multistrada & BMW G310 GS.
- Because these bikes are more off-road focused and have high ground clearance.
- And Ninja 1000SX and GSX-S1000GT are designed for cruising on the highway.
- But bikes like BMW R1250 are expensive bikes so people with low budgets.
- Buying Royal Enfield Himalayan, GT-650 & KTM 250 adventure
I don’t like
- Low Ground Clearance.
In this blog, I have tried to give information as much as possible.
Please don’t forget to share with your friends.
Avinash Sharma (Blogger).