Last updated on July 27th, 2023 at 01:16 pm
The Yamaha R15 M offers an impressive mileage of 60 kilometres per litre and is priced at 1.95 lakh rupees. This bike takes inspiration from its older sibling, the Yamaha R1M. It comes in a metallic grey color, and its design and engine are the same as the regular R15. Among the range of 150 cc premium bikes, this is the only one that is fully equipped with various features.
Like Quick Shifter, Traction control, VVA (Variable Valve actuation), Slipper and assist clutch etc. and it gives an amazing fuel efficiency of 60km/l. and read a complete review of Yamaha r15 m below.
About this blog.
- This blog is special because we are reviewing the new Yamaha R15 M.
- And I have already posted a detailed review of the Yamaha R15 V4.
- In case you want a review of any car & bike just contact me at Avinashsharma1342@gmail.com.
Overview #Yamaha Official Website# HD Images
- Yamaha R15 M is inspired by their 1000 cc bike Yamaha R1M.
- This particular M model has some special features & costs nearly 5,000/- more than the R15 V4 Model.
- And for you guys, I am providing HD images of R15 M from all angles.
- Yamaha R15 M price in India is ₹ 182,800/- Lakh.
Yamaha R15 M Price in India
|Assam||₹ 196 939/-|
|Maharashtra||₹ 196 539/-|
|West Bengal (Kolkata)||₹ 196 000/-|
|Andhra Pradesh||₹ 196 000/-|
|Bihar||₹ 196 000/-|
|Arunachal Pradesh||₹ 196 200/-|
|Himachal Pradesh||₹ 196 200/-|
|Haryana||₹ 195 939/-|
|Kerala||₹ 197 505/-|
|Gujarat||₹ 195 939/-|
Yamaha R15 M Gives Amazing 60 km/l Mileage 1.82 Lakh
- Before starting the review I want to say that Yamaha R15 M looks the same as the R15 V4.
- So visit Passionatecarbloggers.com for a detailed design review of R15.
- Starting from the front we have a Class D Bi-Functional Headlight unit.
- The headlight is placed a bit inside the front faring with an M duct design.
- Actually, this M duct helps the engine to breathe because the air intake pipe is connected to it.
- Apart from that LED, DRLs & LED Taillight design are the same in design.
- Whereas turn indicators remain the same bulb-type clear lens indicator.
- Now this Yamaha R15 M version comes with a 3D Logo on the top of the fuel tank.
- The second thing is over the handlebar USD fork top cap engraved with R15 Logo.
- A third special feature is its pillion seat which also has R15 M written on them.
- Apart from that this R15 M has a carbon fibre finish on the rider & pillion seats.
- The Yamaha R15 M seat height is 815 mm good for short riders.
- This special R15 M model comes with Golden Color Brake Caliper.
- Apart from that Grey Color swing arm and grey colour muffler guard comes with the M model.
- All these design features are just to make the bike look more attractive & expensive.
- Now the dimensions R15 M has 170 mm Ground clearance good for bad roads.
Performance Yamaha R15 M Engine
- Powering this little beast is a 155 cc liquid-cooled 4-valve 4-Stroke engine.
- That pumps 18.4 Ps of power and 14.2 Nm of torque really smooth engine.
- VVA (Variable Valve Actuation)
- This VVA system has two intake valve cams one is for low to mid-range.
- And another for high rpm. They switch between each other at 7,400 rpm to ensure good Power & torque at the entire rev range.
- The A&S helps to reduce fatigue for the rider. This also prevents excessive engine braking.
- Thus reducing its effects on chassis behaviour. The A&S clutch makes for a smooth downshift.
- Yamaha R15 M is equipped with a 6-speed constant mesh gearbox.
- This Quick Shifter helps to shift the gear without using the clutch.
- Quick Shifter comes in standard R15M & Racing Blue Color.
- R15 V4 comes with a traction control system that reduces the chances of a wheel spin.
- USB Charger (Optional)
- A very nice feature we have is your phone will always be charged with the mobile charger.
- Dual Horn
- This Dual horn is necessary to have especially for crowded cities like India.
- With the split horns delivering higher decibels and lower decibels.
- Upside Down Front Forks
- The upside front forks improve rigidity & provide stability while taking high-speed turns or during high braking.
- And these forks come treated with an anodized gold finish and look expensive.
- Dual-Channel ABS
- Upfront we have a 282 mm disc & rear 220 mm disc equipped with an ABS system.
- And these Brake Calipers are in the gold finish with BY BRE branding.
- Super Wide 140 mm Radial Rear Tyre
- 140/70R17M/C 66H radial tyre has been adopted at the rear with flexible sidewalls.
- That gives a better grip while cornering & a superior shock-absorbing capacity.
- Side Stand Engine Cut-Off Switch
- It’s a nice safety feature to have in the bike engine do not start till you do not remove the side stand.
Yamaha R15 M Mileage/Top speed
- The company claims that R15 gives 45 kmpl mileage in the city.
- But as we tested Yamaha R15 M mileage in the city is 55.20 km/l.
- And on the highway R15 M gives 60.56 km/l mileage from its 11 liters fuel tank.
- On the other hand, Yamaha R15 M has 140-141 km/h top speed which is awesome for a 155 cc bike.
Yamaha R15 V4 Specification
|Engine type||Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valve.|
|Displacement||155 CC, Fuel Injection.|
|Bore & stroke||58.0 mm × 58.7 mm|
|Compression ratio||11.6: 1|
|horsepower||13.5kW (18.4PS)/10000 RPM|
|torque||14.2 Nm (1.4 kgfm) @7,500 RPM|
|Starting system||Electric starter.|
|Transmission type||Constant-mesh, 6-speed|
|Clutch type||Wet, multiple-disc with the slipper assist.|
|Overall Length||1,990 mm|
|Overall Width||725 mm|
|# Overall Height||1,135 mm|
|Seat height||815 mm|
|Ground Clearance||170 mm.|
|Kerb weight (with oil & full fuel Tank)||142 kg|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||11 Liters.|
|Front suspension system||Telescopic upside Down Fork (USD Fork)|
|Rear suspension system||Linked-Type-Monocross-Suspension|
|Brake type (Front)||Disc brake (282 mm)|
|Brake type (Rear)||Disc brake (220 mm)|
|Tyre size (front)||100/80-17M/C 52P – Tubeless|
|Tyre size (rear)||140/70R17M/C 66H – Radial Tubeless|
|Headlight||Bi-functional LED (Class D).|
|Side stand engine cut-off switch||Equipped|
|Gear position indicator||Yes|
|Fuel consumption indicator||Yes|
|Riding Modes||Track Mode / Street Mode|
Yamaha R15 M Colours options.
- Yamaha is offering three colours with the R15 V4 that is Racing Blue, Dark Knight & Metallic Red.
- Apart from that Yamaha R15 M is available with its iconic Metallic Grey
- On the other hand, Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP edition colour is also available.
Accessories with Price #R15 M#
- You will get some accessories with R15 M as available in R15 V4.
- Like Mobile charger, Seat Cover, Skid plates, Tank Pad, Clutch/Brake Lever, and Frame Slider & Lever guard.
- Yamaha R15 M Accessories are good & you have to pay extra for these accessories.
|Clutch/Brake Lever||Rs 950/-|
|Frame Slider||Rs 1,650/-|
|Led Flasher||Rs 1,490/-|
|Lever Guard||Rs 900/-|
|Mobile Charger||Rs 750/-|
|Seat Cover||RS 490/-|
|Skid Plate||Rs 550/-|
|Tank Pad||Rs 190/-|
Ktm RC 200 Comparison with R15 M
|Duke RC 200||R15 M|
|199.5 cc Single Cooled||155 cc single-cylinder VVA|
|Liquid Cooled, DOHC||Liquid Cooled SOHC|
|25 PS power & 19.2 Nm Torque||18.4 PS power & 14.2 Nm Torque|
|Seat height 824 mm.||Seat height 815 mm.|
|Sporty yet comfortable Riding position.||Aggressive Riding position.|
|Ground Clearance 158 mm.||Ground Clearance 170 mm.|
|Vibration at high speed||No vibration|
|Soft Suspension||Stiff Suspension|
|0-60 kmph 4.8 sec||0-60 Kmph 4.67 sec|
|0-100 kmph 10.34 sec||0-100 kmph 12.20 sec|
|City Mileage 42.01 KMPL||City Mileage 55.20 KMPL|
|Highway Mileage 40.62 KMPL||Highway Mileage 60.56 KMPL|
|Tank Capacity 13.7 Liters||Tank Capacity 11 Liters|
|Weight 160 kg||Weight 142 kg|
My Opinion about this bike
- Yamaha R15 M is a very good bike when it comes to performance and fuel efficiency. The R15 M has a mileage of 50 km/l, which means it is economical to run. It also performs exceptionally well and is easy to handle on the highway.
- However, some riders may not find it comfortable due to its firm suspension and aggressive riding position. Additionally, the R15 M is not ideal for carrying a passenger. On the other hand, the KTM RC 200 offers more power and excellent handling.
- There are other options in the 150cc segment like the Suzuki Gixxer SF 150. While it may not be as technologically advanced, it provides a comfortable ride and has a powerful engine.
I have taken help from the official website of Yamaha & other respective websites.
if you found this Article/Blog useful please do share this blog with your friends.
Avinash Sharma (Blogger.)