Last updated on September 28th, 2023 at 05:01 pm
TVS Apache RR 310 BS6 Detailed Review 2023.TVS Apache RR 310 BS6 is one of the best looking fully faired superbike in India and TVS have added a BTO variant to it that offers a couple of racing adjustment. Price starts from Rs 2,65,000/- and goes up to Rs 2,77,000/- lakh.
And I believe that after reading this TVS Apache RR 310 BS6 detailed review 2023 you will be able to clarify your doubt about whether you should buy this or not.
Amd recently TVS has launched the naked version of TVS Apache RR310 which is TVS Apache RTR 310. it’s loaded with new features and has stunning looks.
What You will read in this blog?
In this blog, you will read a detailed review including the racing kit RR 310. with its price, images, specs, and more. and you will also see the comparison between Apache RR 310 and BMW G310 RR below.
Key Specifications Apache RR 310 BS6
|Engine- 312.2 cc.||Top Speed- 161 kmph (GPS recorded)|
|Power- 34 PS.||Seat height- 810 mm.|
|Mileage- 30.6 – 36.1 km/l (City/Highway)||Riding Modes- Sports/Track/Urban & Rain.|
People also search about
|Apache RR 310 Price||Apache RR 310 Top Speed|
|Apache RTR 200||Apache RR 310 Mileage|
|Apache RR 310 Price in India||Apace RR 310 BS6 on Road price|
TVS Apache RR 310 price in India
|Apache RR 310||Rs 2,65,000/-|
|Apache RR 310 + Dynamic kit||Rs 2,77,000/-|
|# RR 310 + Race Kit||Rs 2,70,000/-|
|BMW G 310 RR||Rs 2,85,000/-|
TVS Apache RR 310 design & features details
DESIGN & AERODYNAMICS
- TVS Apache RR310 is the only striking looking fully faired sports bike from an Indian Manufacturer.
- And believe me, it looks far better than Ninja 300, KTM RC 390, and Kawasaki Ninja 400.
- This bike gives you the big bike feel at a very reasonable price and features.
- I have been a big fan of the Apache RR310 since it was launched in the BS4 version.
- But TVS add some required ingredients to make this bike more interesting than before.
- Besides this, the company hasn’t changed the exterior design it’s the same as before mostly.
- first, let’s have look over the exterior design and features that are carried over the BS4 model.
- Starting from the front, Apache RR310 has Bi-LED projector headlights with DRLs.
- That looks really stunning when you look at Apache rr310 it looks even better than KTM RC390.
- The nice thing about this bike is I don’t know if you have noticed or not that this bike has a ram-air intake.
- This air intake can be seen below the headlights helps engine to breath.
- This action helps to cool down the engine when you are riding fast on the road.
- other than this, the front windscreen is tall and wide that enables you to tuck in & pass the air above the rider.
- This helps the rider achieve top speed faster and makes the bike slippery through the air.
- But I forgot to mention one important thing this bike is inspired by sharks.
- The Apache RR310 is conceptualized to have an aggressive & ready to attack silhouette.
- Which is added by a raked-high tail & mass forward & minimalist tail design.
- Before this bike launch, I saw the TVS Akula concept bike at the 2016 Auto Expo on which RR 310 is based.
- Moving on side of the bike you will see large & wide fairing on which LED turn lights are bolted.
- These fairings are not just to cover the engine but that has gill-like vents to deflect the hot air away from the rider.
- Besides this, a vent is provided at the bottom of the air vent to cool the engine.
- Moving on to the rear of the bike you will get a fully led taillight & turn indicator.
- Let’s move on to features and what else TVS Apache RR 310 is offering to us.
- First, the nice thing about this bike is the company is offering fully LED light.
- Even Kawasaki Ninja 300 is not offering LED light but KTM RC 390 have led lights.
- Second, the company has replaced the older negative display with a new color display.
- It shows Distance traveled, Time traveled, Average speed, Top speed & fuel consumption.
- With different interfaces like when you chose sport mode it turns into another layout you can see in the images.
- And to control the display company has provided controlling buttons on the left side of the hand grip.
- And one more thing if you are riding BS4 Apache RR310 then you can upgrade your older negative display into a new one.
- The third feature is ride by wire system that enables the rider to control engine power precisely.
- so the rest of the bike is the same and these three features are different from the bS4 model.
Ride & Handling
- Now here comes the important factor of ride and handling and that clearly is for longer rides.
- Yes, it’s a fully-faired sport bike but the riding position is like that you can ride this all day without hurting your back.
- The clip-on handle bar is raised, foot pegs are slightly rear set and the seat is low.
- With these riding modes, you have a sporty riding posture along with comfort.
- Like if you compared it with the KTM RC 390 it’s much more comfortable.
- But when it comes to pillion rider comfort rear seat is high & small in the size.
- It’s only good for shorter rides & grab is provided only on the right side only.
TVS Apache RTR Built to Order (BTO)
Built To Order features
- With this BTO Built To Order system company will offer you two options for customization.
- That is Dynamic Nit and Race kits both kit have different options for customizing.
- Besides this, you can choose the Kit, Color, Race Number, and features.
- The Dynamic Kit consists of the following items mentioned below.
1. Fully Adjustable KYB Front Suspension.
- KTB front suspension comes with 20 sets of damping & 15 mm of preload.
- That can be adjusted by the rider for firmness and flexibility depending upon the riding conditions.
2. Fully Adjustable KYB Rear Suspension.
- The adjustable rear suspension features 20 steps of damping and 15 sets of preload adjustment.
- To adjust the level of stiffness for a superior race experience.
3. Brass Coated Chain Drive.
- This chain helps you to fight rust that comes when you ride the bike in the rainy season brass coating protects it from rust.
- This coating helps to increase the life span of the chain and ensures a smooth ride.
- Raised Foot Rest Assembly
- The Raised footrest provides a rider an aggressive stance. that allows the rider a greater lean angle for achieving a fast corner.
2. Racing Ergonomics- Handlebar.
- The lower set handlebars at 117.1 degrees enable a highly aggressive stance, facilitating tighter corners, & faster straight-line speed.
3. Race-Designed Footpegs.
- The knurling treatment on the footpegs provides superior grip & greater stability on the track during cornering.
How BTO Apache RR 310 looks?
- Now the design-wise the regular apache RR310 and BTO spec models look exactly the same.
- But the design and color of the BTO (Build To Order) spec model has different color and graphics.
- Speaking about colors BTO Apache RR310 gets a new red and white color with TVS racing graphics.
- And a Titanium black color with red colors alloy wheels is also available.
- Besides this, you can also get a number imprint on your bike windshield as per your wish.
- This bike looks rather appealing than the regular one as you can see in the images I have shown.
How Apache RR 310 Engine Performs?
ENGINE PERFORMANCE & SPECS
- Well, if you have ridden KTM RC 390 then you will find RR 310 engine bit less powerful.
- Because RC 390 engine is 80 cc more than the Apache RR 310 bike engine.
- Now, you might be thinking that RR 310 is less powerful full which means it is less enjoyable.
- The thing you will enjoy about this bike is its rideability at a slow speed in the city.
- Whereas KTM RC 390 is designed for high speed & not compatible with the city.
- So powering the TVS Apache RR310 is a 4-stroke, 4-valve, liquid-cooled 312.2 cc single-cylinder engine.
- That develops 34 PS of power and 27.3 Nm of torque in Sport & track mode.
- And this engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox with a race-tuned slipper clutch.
- Now the unique thing about this engine is its cylinder is inclined vertically to a reduced center of gravity.
- Another thing as this is a liquid-cooled bike but the company has provided an oil cooler installed in the engine.
- It works like engine coolant flows around the water jacket around the cylinder.
- And then flows into the radiator that cools the coolant that cools the radiator.
- But after attaching the oil cooler to the bike coolant also flow in the separate cooling tubes and also cools the engine oil.
- This system engineers generally used in the high-performance engine to effectively cool the engine.
- Besides this, this engine is equipped with a Double Overhead camshaft for more performance.
- TVS is using hollow camshaft with DLC coated finger follower to reduce the weight of the engine & increase the performance.
- So it’s true that it’s not powerful as compared to KTm RC 390 but performs really well & delivers great mileage.
SUSPENSION & BRAKES
- Your TVS Apache RR 310 is equipped with upside-down golden forks up front.
- And Mono tube floating piston gas-assisted shock absorber at the rear.
- Suspension performs really well on the broken roads & track.
- Speaking about brakes up front it has 300mm Petal type with ABS.
- And at the rear it have 240mm Petal type with ABS.
- Having a petal disc means brakes performs well even on high temperature.
TVS Apache RR 310 Fuel Economy
- Well, it’s irrelevant to speak about the fuel economy of a racing bike.
- because these bikes are primarily designed for high performance.
- But here in India, people don’t hesitate to ask mileage or fuel economy of any machine.
- In this article, I am sharing a mileage test done by an Apache RR310 ride.
- In the city, Apache RR310 delivered a mileage of 30.6 kmpl & on the highway 36.1 kmpl.
|Condition||Fuel Economy (Our Test)|
TVS Apache RR 310 Max Speed
- Speaking about max speed, the company claimed that RR 310 can hit 160 kmph speed in SPORT/TRACK mode.
- And up to 125 kmph in URBAN/RAIN mode but I will share with you the actual figure of the max speed the rider achieves.
- During the test BS6, Apache RR 310 hit 169 kmph max speed on the speedo but GPS was showing 161 kmph as you can see in the images.
|0-60 kmph||2.93 sec.|
|0-100 kmph||7.17 sec.|
|Top Speed||161 km/h (GPS shown)|
169 kmph (Speedo shown)
TVS Apache RR 310 Colours
- Apache RR 310 comes with two color options only.
- That is Titanium black and racing red among these two colors Titanium black is popular.
- In this blog, I have shown the Apache RR 310 in Titanium black.
How Glide Through Technology Plus (GTT+) works?
- Now Apache RR310 is the only fully-faired bike that comes with GTT+technology.
- well, this technology works similarly to what we have seen in the Apache RTR 200 4V.
- But in this, the bike it works only in the rain and urban mode only up to 6th gear.
- It’s a very useful feature that helps the rider to crawl slowly in traffic without using the throttle.
- It works like that when you shift 1st gear and release the clutch slowly without twisting the throttle.
- And bike will start automatically and you can shift up to 6th gear performing the same step.
- Besides this, I have shown a table below showing how much speed you can achieve on each gear.
TVS Apache RR 310 Specification
|Displacement||312.2 cc. 4 Valve,4 Stoke Single Cylinder, Liquid Cooled, Reverse Inclined Engine.|
|Power||34 ps @ 9700 RPM|
|Torque||27.3 NM @ 7700 RPM|
|Clutch||Wet Multi-Plate Clutch, 7 Plate Design With Race Tuned Slipper Clutch.|
|Frame||Trellis Frame –Split Chassis.|
|Throttle control||Electronic throttle control with multiple ride modes.|
|Compression ratio||10.9 :1|
|Cooling system||Liquid cooled|
|Ground Clearance||180 mm|
|Saddle Height||810 mm|
|Kerb Weight||174 kg|
|Max payload||130 kg|
|Fuel tank capacity||11 l|
Wheel, Tyre & Brake
|Rim Size (Front)||MT 3.0×17|
|Rim Size (Rear)||MT 4.0×17|
|Tyre Size (Front)||110/70-ZR17 M/C 54W Tubeless – Michelin ROAD5.|
|Tyre Size (Rear)||150/60-ZR17 M/C 66W Tubeless – Michelin ROAD5|
|Front||Disc 300mm Petal type with ABS.|
|Rear||Disc 240mm Petal type with ABS.|
|ABS||With 3 ride modes|
|Brake Fluid||DOT 4|
Suspension & Chassis
|Front Suspension||Inverted cartridge telescopic Fork|
|Rear Suspension||Two arm Aluminium die-cast swingarm.|
Mono tube floating piston gas assisted shock absorber.
|Frame||Trellis frame, split chassis|
BMW G 310 RR Comparision with Apache RR 310
BMW G310RR review 2022
- People are confused between two bikes BMW G310RR and Apache RR 310.
- let me tell you one thing both bikes are similar to each other except for a couple of things.
- Well, the chassis and parts you see in the Apache RR 310 are adopted from the BMW G310 GS.
- But the design of Apache RR 310 comes from the TVS itself.
- So you can say BMW G 310 RR is a re-badge version of the Apache RR 310.
- But you will get this bike in two different colors G 310 GS its sport and black storm metallic.
- And all the features you see in the BMW G310RR are exactly the same as those in the apache.
- Although the price of the BMW G310RR is more than the Apache RR310 it’s Rs 2,85,000/- lakh.
Should you buy a BMW G310RR instead of an Apache RR310?
- Well, the answer is simple if you are looking for a premium brand badge.
- Then you can go for the BMW because it will give you a presence & attention on the road.
- But I will suggest you go for the apache RR310 because why choose a similar bike at a high price.
BMW G310RR PRICE
|BMW G310RR||Rs 2,85,000/-|
Bikes Similar To Apache RR310
Q1- Is Apache RR 310 made by BMW?
Ans- Well, Apache RR 310 is using the chassis and engine from BMW G 310 R. But Apache is designed by the TVS itself.
Q2- Is RR310 a superbike?
Ans- No, RR310 is an entry-level sports bike & superbikes are those that have engines from 600 cc to 1000 cc like Ninja ZX-10R.
Q3- What is the mileage of Apache RR 310 bs6?
Ans- TVS ApacheRR 310 delivered 30.6 kmpl mileage in the city and 36.1 kmpl on the highway.
Q4- Does BMW use TVS engine?
Ans- No, Actually TVS is using BMW chassis and engine & design is developed by the TVS itself.
Q5- Does RR310 have quick shifter?
Ans- No, RR310 is using race tuned slipper clutch that allows rider to down shift at high speed with hopping rear wheel.
Q6- What is Apache RR 310 top speed?
Ans- Apache RR 310 top speed is 161 kmph as GPS recorded although speedoeter shows 165kmph.
Expert Opinion about Apache RR310
- In my opinion, bikes can be used in the city and on the highway.
- Besides this, it’s a rider-friendly bike with a comfortable position.
- But the pillion seat is not comfortable. buy Apache RR310 for everyday useability & mileage.
- If you want powerful performance then you should buy KTM RC390.
I have tried to give as much information as possible in this blog.
Please share this if you like it with your friends.
Avinash sharma (Blogger)