Tata launched this vehicle back in 2012 it was the updated version of the older Tata Safari with a completely new design and it was available with the 4X4 system Tata Safari Storme price was Rs 10.99/- to Rs 16.62/- Lakh. it was available with 4X2 and 4X4 models.
And Tata Safari Strome’s real story of re-launching this SUV is currently Mahindra Scorpio launched its old Scorpio as Scorpio classic so to compete with this SUV Tata decided to re-launch this vehicle with new features.
When will tata Safari Storme classic launch?
The date is not confirmed yet and there are lots of rendered safari storme classics present on youtube. but we will review the safari storme soon as possible when it will be launched. but this safari storme is currently manufactured for the Indian Army.
below we have explained the exterior and interior of the car with images that will help you understand this SUV.
- About This Blog.
- Design & Specification.
- Price All Models.
- Watch Review. # Cardekho# Namaste Car# off roading # Comparision.
About This Blog (HD Images)
- Guy, I am excited to review Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400.
- If you want to get a review of your favorite car or bike.
- So you can contact me at Avinashsharma1342@gmail.com.
Introduction (Tata Official Website)
- The Tata Safari Storme was unveiled in January 2012 at the 11th Auto Expo.
- This New Safari Storme has a new interior and exterior as compared to the old model Safari DICOR.
- Apart from that Tata upgraded its Safari in 2019 Called Storme 400.
- That has a 153 hp & 400 Nm torque engine with a VARICOR diesel engine.
- And Tata Safari Storme 400 4WD model costs ₹ 16.46 Lakh.
Tata Safari Exterior Design.
- Tata Safari Storme was produced from 2012 to 2019 with new features.
- Although safari Storme was powerful and had a commanding driving position.
- But this car was simple and came with no high-tech features like Mahindra Scorpio.
- This new Safari Storme 400 was designed under the JLR engineer’s supervision.
- So it was look a bit like the 2016 Land Rover Discovery 4.
- From the front, it has a stylized chrome bonnet with Storme embossing.
- And front grille has honey chrome designed with the Tata logo in the center of it.
- Safari Storme is 1855 mm wide without footsteps and 1965 mm wide.
- Talking about front bumper is also new in design as compared to Safari DICOR.
- Moving on to the side safari Storme is 4655 mm in length and 2650 mm wheelbase.
- Safari always came with side cladding that gave it an off-road SUV look.
- It also looks wider due to its large wheel arches & 235/70 R16 is the size of the wheels.
- Now the Safari Storme spare wheel is mounted under the body to give it clean look.
- Taking about its lights Safari Storme 400 has projector headlights with PES Ring.
- Although the headlight is not led accept PES Ring around the projector light.
- On the bumper, it has halogen-equipped round shape clear lens fog lamps.
- On the rear, it has a halogen-equipped taillight and high-mount stop lamps are LED.
- Other than this ORVMs are heated and foldable with LED indicators.
Tata Safari Storme Interiors (2012-2019)
- Now in my opinion Tata Safari Storme interior was
- But less high-tech as compared to Mahindra Scorpio.
- Now the Interior of the safari was stylized Java Black interior with Silver Accents.
- But you don’t get and touchscreen infotainment system just like Scorpio.
- But apart from that Safari Storme was available with CONNECT NEXT infotainment system.
- And a new Multi-function steering wheel with Call and Audio buttons.
- Now talking about seats they are of fabric with a good amount of legroom and headroom.
- And my favorite thing is its commanding driving position that gives you a good view all around.
- Taking about safety Safari Storme has a dual airbag for the driver and passenger.
- Apart from that Tata Safari Storme has a larger window that gives you a good view of the outside.
- And all four windows are powered & buttons are placed on the driver’s door.
- My verdict interior quality of the safari is average and this model is discontinued.
- Now in 2021, you will get a new Second generation safari loaded with features.
Safety Features of Tata Safari Storme 400
- Dual Airbag.
- Anti-Lock Braking System With EBD.
- Engine Immobilizer.
- Tubeless Tyres.
- Ultrasonic Reverse Guide System.
- Central Locking & Child safety lock.
- Antiglare Rear-View Mirror.
- Part-Time Shift-On-Fly 4WD System.
Comfort & Convenience
- Power Steering & Adjustable
- Height Adjustable Driver Seat.
- Electrically Adjustable ORVM with Indicators.
- Auxiliary Socket.
- Roof Mounted A.C with Cooling Coil.
Tata Safari Storme 400 Specifications
|Engine Type||2.2 L 16-Valve DOHC VTT VARICOR/ Storme 400.|
|Power||150 PS @ 4000 RPM. |
156 PS @4000 RPM VARICOR 400.
|Torque||320 NM @1700-2700 RPM. |
400 NM @ 1750-2500 RPM.
|Clutch||260 mm Dia Self Adjusting Clutch.|
|Transmission||5-Speed Manual. |
6-Speed Manual VARICOR 400.
|Suspension Front||Double Wishbone Type With Coil Spring Over Shock Absorber.|
|Rear Suspension||Coil Spring Type 5 Link Rigid Axle.|
|Front Brakes||Ventilated Disc brakes.|
|Rear Brakes||Drum Brake With Auto Adjuster. |
|Dimension L X W X H||4655 X 1965 X 1922 mm.|
|Ground Clearance||200 mm.|
|Turning Circle Diameter||10.8|
|Gross Vehicle Weight||2505 (4X2)/ 2665 (4X4)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||4 + Driver. |
6 + Driver.
Four Wheel Drive Performance
|Ramp Over Angle|
- Safari Storme comes with a limited-slip differential system & a part-time 4WD system with 2H/4H & 4L ratios.
Performance of Safari Storme 400 4WD
- Now Tata Safari Storme was one of the most affordable SUVs in the Indian market.
- Tata has tweaked the engine to produce 156 PS of power and 400 Nm of torque.
- And this engine is coupled with a 6-Speed manual gearbox.
- Tata Safari Storme was available on 2 Wheel Drive and 4 Wheel Drive
- My favorite was the 4WD version because of its off-road capability.
- I must say Safari Storme’s performance is great on highways and over broken roads.
- Only Mahindra Scorpio was the competitor of Safari Storme.
- But Tata has discontinued the Safari Storme for the civilian market.
- And still producing it with modifications for the Indian Army.
- On the other hand, Tata Safari 2021 is already available in the market.
- With lots of features and a completely new design, it’s a second-generation safari.
- But it’s not available in the 4WD System you will only get a front-wheel-drive option.
Tata Safari Price
|Safari Storme Price||Price|
|LX Diesel||₹ 10.99 Lakh|
|EX Diesel||₹ 13.30 Lakh|
|VX Diesel||₹ 13.18 Lakh|
|VX VARICOR 400 Diesel||₹ 16.62 Lakh|
|4WD VX 400||₹ 16.46 Lakh|
|Tata Safari 2021||₹ 14.99 Lakh to ₹ 23.19 Lakh|
Competitors of Safari
- Commanding Driving Position.
- Highway performance.
- Off-Road Ability.
I Don’t Like it.
- Average Built Quality.
- Lack of features.
Q1-Why did Tata Safari Storme fail?
Ans- The reason behind the failure of the tata safari Storme is that it was not well equipped and reliable as its rival Mahindra Scorpio. although the 2022 Tata Safari is also in the market Safari storme doesnt come with features that everyone likes. and Mahindra Scorpio is loaded with features more than safari.
Q2-Is Safari Storme still available?
Ans- No. only a new 2022 tata safari is available and safari storme is not in production currently. but Tata is planning to launch its safari storme stay tuned.
Plz share your opinion about this car and don’t forget to share this blog.