Bajaj Pulsar 125 cc is one of the affordable, performance and mileage oriented bike that comes with four variant that price starts from ₹ 95,477/- and goes up to ₹ 1,00,962/- lakh, and it’s available with Single and split with drum and disc variant & it gives 43.6 kmpl of mileage as tested.
Bajaj pulsar 125 new model 2022
Recently Bajaj has added a new cosmetic update to its 125 cc Pulsar. Actually, bajaj added new graphics and a carbon finish on the bike in several places and the bike has the same features as before no change in the engine and electronics.
Is Pulsar 125 a self-start?
Yes, Pulsar 125 comes with self-start and electric start and Pulsar NS125 also comes with the same thing.
What you are going to read about Pulsar 125 in this blog?
In this blog, you will read Bajaj Pulsar 125 cc Review, Mileage & Price along with the fresh images that will help you to understand this bike and you will also see the bike that looks similar to this 125 cc bike.
|Key Specification||About This Blog|
|Price List||Design and Features.|
|Performance & Mileage||Watch Review # Ride Review #|
|Horse Power – 11.8 PS||Top Speed – 116 kmph.|
|Displacement – 124.4 cc||Ground Clearance – 165 mm.|
|Mileage – 43.6 Kmpl||Seat Height – 790 mm.|
Bajaj Pulsar 125 Price – ON ROAD
- I have mentioned approx on-road price please visit your nearest dealership for the exact on-road price.
- Visit the official Bajaj website for more details about bajaj bikes.
|1. Single Seat + Drum Brakes||₹ 95,477/-|
|2. Single Seat + Disc Brakes||₹ 97,768/-|
|3. Split Seat + Drum Brakes||₹ 96,644/-|
|4. Split Sear + Disc Brakes||₹ 1,00,962/-|
Other Popular bikes
|TVS Apache RTR 160||TVS Apache RTR 180 |
|Bajaj Platina 100||Bajaj Platina 110|
|TVS RaIder 125||Hero Xtreme 160R |
Bajaj pulsar 125 BS6 Review
- We know that the Bajaj pulsar is the most demanding bike here in India everyone has a dream of getting one of these.
- And Bajaj has launched a 125 cc model of a pulsar by keeping in mind its huge demand in the market.
- When the pulsar was launched with its round headlight design it became a seriously popular bike.
- But in 2022 the design of the Pulsar is not very much changed because it looks still more sporty than other bikes.
- So bajaj has launched its Pulsar 125 which offers both performance & style at a reasonable price.
- I will start from the front, as usual, the headlight and front fairing design are exactly the same as the Pulsar 150.
- And front windshield can be removed easily by loosening the screw without any problem.
- Now the thing I like about the Pulsar bike is it looks aerodynamic from every angle with no sharp edges.
- Up Front, it still gets a reflector-type headlight with two pilot lamps that look like the eyes of the animal.
- whenever I look at the bike it seems that somebody is staring at me in an angry mood.’
- Moving on to the next thing company has provided large flexible clear lens-type halogen indicators.
- whereas at the rear pulsar 125 gets dual strips to type LED Taillights like other pulsar models.
- when the Bajaj Pulsar was launched its fuel tanks doesn’t come with the cowl and it looked simple.
- But by adding two sharp cowls to the fuel tank the design looks really sporty and appealing.
- Another bigger change that Bajaj has done to this bike by adding a split seat and split grab rails.
There are two models you can buy with the Bajaj pulsar single seat and spilled seats with drum and disc brakes.
- Single seat model is available with disc and drum brakes with a regular non-split type grab rail for a pillion.
- whereas the split seat model is available with split-type grab rails with disc brakes and drum brakes.
- I personally like the Bajaj Pulsar split seat model with the disc brake because it looks sportier than the single seat model.
- Now have a look at what else we get in this bike the company has not made any changes to the instrument cluster.
- It’s exactly the same as before like an analog tachometer and digital speedometer that shows fuel level, trip, Odo meter, etc.
- Below the speedometer, you can see the engine check lamp, indicator lamp, neutral lamp & High beam indicators.
- And to add a premium feel bajaj has provided a fake carbon fiber finish around the instrument cluster.
- Pulsar 125cc offers an upright yet sporty riding position thanks to its raised clip-on handlebar.
- Whereas the Switch gear cluster, Brake & Clutch lever, & rear view mirror are of good quality.
- Now tail cowl design adds sportiness to the bike as it tapering at the tail section.
- Besides this, for safety, a Leg guard, Saree Guard, and a tyre hugger come factory fitted with the bike.
- One more thing a side stand engine cut-off is added to this bike to further enhance the safety of the rider.
- I have shown several images of pulsar 125 so that you can enjoy this post.
Bajaj Pulsar 125 colors options
- Speaking about colors bajaj is currently offering three exciting colors with both single and split-seat models.
- these colors are Solar Red, Neon Silver, and Neon green & among the three colors, I like the neon green color.
- Although the bike is painted entirely with black color whereas graphics are color full.
Bajaj Pulsar 125 Split Seat
- When Bajaj launched Pulsar 125 the reason behind its launch was that most people looking for a 125 cc bike.
- And to target those people Pulsar 125 came into the market with the design of the Pulsar 150.
- But recently to give the taste of bajaj Pulsar 150 to their customers Bajaj launched Pulsar 125 with split seats.
- And with a Split seat pulsar, 125 looks bigger, and sportier, and split grab rails also come with this model.
- Besides this Split seat model is available with disc brake and drum brake options.
Bajaj Pulsar 125 cc DTS-I Engine
- This 125 cc Pulsar bajaj designed all-new engine comes fitted with an electronic carburetor.
- And to reduce the vibration of the engine bajaj has added a counterbalanced crankshaft.
- when I ride this bike for the first time I experienced no vibration in the bike really smooth.
- Now have a look at the specs this bike is powered by a 124.4 cc, 2-valve, 4-stroke DTS-I engine.
- That develops 11.8 PS of power and 10.8 NM of torque & this engine also gives the convenience of kick & self-start.
- Now the major thing is instead of using Fuel Injection technology bajaj used a carburetor.
- The purpose of adding a carburetor is to reduce the cost of the bike because the fuel-injecting system is really expensive.
- On the other hand, you don’t need to carry extra petrol in the tank as FI bikes are required to run the system properly.
- But in the carburetor, you don’t need to keep extra fuel because it does have any complicated electronic unit.
- On the other hand, to optimize the combustion dual spark plug provided by the company.
- As Pulsar 125 is BS6 compliant bike an extra catalytic convertor have added to reduce pollution.
- Moving on to the gearbox this bike comes with a 5-speed transmission that offers smooth gear shifts.
- And all the power is transferred to the rear wheel via a chain sprocket system covered by a metal chain cover.
- oh, I forgot to mention that this 125 cc is an air-cooled engine.
Suspension and Brakes
- I am starting from the suspension when I ride pulsar 125 it feels comfortable to me.
- The Suspension of this bike is soft and this suspension system absorbs bumps efficiently.
- Even if you are riding on a broken road you will be comfortable.
- behind this comfort is telescopic suspension upfront and twin gas shocks at the rear.
- Moving on to the brakes bajaj is offering disc brakes and drum brakes with Anti-skid functions.
- Up front, you will get a drum/disc brake and at the rear, only drum brakes are provided.
- Speaking about brakes performance Drum brakes with Anti-skid technology feels less responsive.
- like when you apply a brake it does not give good feedback but 240mm disc brakes are great.
|Front Brakes||240 mm Dia. Disc / 170 mm dia. Drum.|
|Rear Brakes||130 mm Dia. Drum.|
|Rear Suspension||Twin Gas Shock.|
# Bajaj Pulsar 125 Fuel Economy
- Now here comes the most important factor of the bikes the fuel economy.
- One thing, I can assure you is that if you are looking for a fuel-efficient bike then the pulsar 125 is not for you.
- Today I am sharing a true opinion of a Pulsar 125 owner who tested the mileage on the highway at 65 kmph speed.
- when he was testing the mileage he used exactly one liter of petrol and the pulsar delivered 43.6 kmpl of mileage.
- but if you want more mileage with this bike you need to ride it below 50 kmph.
Bajaj Pulsar 125 Top Speed
- Below I have shown the real performance figures taken by an experienced rider.
- Pulsar 125 is not designed to hit top speed it’s for a calm city ride.
- As this bike has a 5-speed gearbox pulsar 125 is able to hit 116 kmph top speed.
In Gear Acceleration
|5th||116 kmph Top Speed.|
0-60 Performance time
|0-60 kmph||6.0 sec.|
|0-100 kmph||20.70 sec.|
Bajaj Pulsar 125 Specificaions
|Type||4-Stroke, 2-Valve, Twin Spark BSVI Compliant DTS-i Engine|
|Max Power||8.68 kW (11.8 PS) @ 8500 rpm|
|Max Torque||10.8 Nm @ 6500 rpm|
|Total liters||15 L.|
Tyres Size & Rim
|Front||80/100 x 17 Tubeless Alloy Wheels|
|Rear||100/90 x 17 Tubeless Alloy Wheels|
|Length||Pulsar 125 Split Seat- 2042 mm |
Pulsar 125- 2055 mm
|Width||Pulsar 125 Split Seat- 765 mm |
Pulsar 125- 755 mm
|Ground clearance||165 mm|
|Kerb Weight||Pulsar 125 Split Seat- 142 kg. |
Pulsar 125- 140 kg.
My opinion about pulsar 125
- I am telling you my personal opinion about these 125 cc bikes.
- Yes if you want a 125 cc bike with a sporty design and decent performance then you should buy this.
- And if you are looking for mileage then you should go for the bajaj platina 110 and TVS Raider.
- And TVS has recently launched the TVS rider 125 which is a completely new bike and offers great mileage.
FAQ on 125 CC Pulsar
Q1-What is Pulsar 125 BS6 mileage?
Ans- People said that this bike gives 62 kmpl but when I asked a rider who is riding the bike for a couple of years he said 125 cc pulsar is giving 43.6 kmpl.
Q2-Is Pulsar 125 heavy?
Ans- this bike weighs 142 kg for split seats it’s not too heavy a bike I have ridden this bike several bikes and if you are nearly 5 feet you may feel its weight.
Q3-Is bike will start without a battery?
Ans- well if your bike has a kick-starting system then it can start without a battery but if it doesnt have a kick then you need to push the bike harder with the help of someone and engage the gear then your bike will get started.
Q4- Does Pulsar 125 have choke?
Ans- yes, 125 Pulsar have an electronic choke that applies automatically.
Q5-What is a split seat in bike?
Ans- Split seat means that the rider and pillion seats are separate just like in a sports bike you can remove them individually and in single-seat, both rider and pillion seat comes in a single piece.
Q6-How do you kick start a bike?
Ans- First park your bike on the main stand keep your bike in the neutral position and then gently use your foot to press the kick repeat this process a couple of times and your bike will get started. and during the winter season, you may need to use this process several times.
Q7-Why kick the start removed?
Ans- it’s because nowadays electric motor comes fitted with bikes which makes it easy to start the engine without any effort so that is why the kick is removed from most of the bike. but a kick-start bike can start the bike without any battery.
I hope you have got all the information about this Pulsar 125.
If you like this blog/article then please share this with your friends.
Avinash Sharma (Blogger)