Apache RTR 160 4V 2023 Special Edition Launch Check Price Rs 1,30,090/- and the company has added new white and red color combinations. in this special edition, you will get a white color body with new graphics. and red color stripes flowing over the fuel tank and rear wheel are of red in color.
Key Specification “RTR 160 4V”
|Displacement- 159.7 cc.||Power- 17.3 HorsePower|
|Mileage- 44.8 KMPL.||Seat Height- 800 mm.|
|Top Speed- 132 KMPH.||Ground Clearance- 180 mm.|
TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Price
|Drum Brake||Rs 1,21,790/-|
|Disc Brake F/R||Rs 1,25,290/-|
|Bluetooth + Disc brakes||Rs 1,28,590/-|
|Special Edition||Rs 1,30,090/-|
TVS Apache RTR 160 4V On-Road prices In Kolkata
|Ex-showroom price||Rs 1,30,735/-|
|On-Road Price||Rs 1,50,211/-|
- Above approx on toad price I have shown in Kolkata but the price varies from city to city.
- Special Edition RTR 160 4V on road price is Rs 1,54,770/- on Road.
- I would suggest you go to your nearest dealership for accurate prices and offeres.
What you will get from this Blog?
- Guys recently TVS has added a special edition color & riding modes to RTR 160 4v.
- And in this blog, I will cover all the queries related to Apache RTR 160 4V.
- Official website TVS and see HD Images of RTR 160 4V.
Apache RTR 160 4V Review 2023
Click Here to Read
- First, let’s look at what’s new in this 2023 Apache RTR 160 4V.
- So TVS has updated its Apache RTR 160 4V by adding new colors & features.
- when I saw this bike during launch it looked exactly the same as before besides its headlight.
- This time LED DRLs are placed in the middle of the headlight just like the Apache RTR 200 4V.
- The overall design of this bike is exactly the same as before from front to back.
- But TVS has added race graphics to make this bike looks sporty & premium.
- Definelty Apache RTR 160 4V is a 160 cc bike but it makes you feel that you are sitting on the big bike.
- My favorite part of the design is its fuel tank its not only looks bigger & aggressive but generates downforce as well.
- And add tank cowl helps to direct fresh air to cool the engine efficiently.
- Besides this, TVS has added an engine cowl to enhance its sporty appearance.
- I need to mention that this engine cowl will not protect the engine.
- Because it’s made up of fiber plastic it’s just a design element, in fact, all the body panels are of plastic.
- Now I will mention the features that make Apache RTR 160 4V different from Apache 200 4V.
- First Apache 160 4V comes with tube type handlebar whereas Apache 200 4V comes with a clip-on handlebar.
- Both bikes come with riding modes but Apache 160 4v doesn’t get any smart X to connect system.
- besides this, another change you can see in their seats 160 4V comes with a single seat.
- One thing I should mention Apache RTR 160 4V seat is comfortable as compared to the 200 4V.
- You will get some space under the seat to carry tools and documents this seat has a key slot below the taillight to open.
- The rear portion of this bike remains the same as the Apache RTR 200 4V.
- the company has provided a led taillight at the rear & led headlight upfront but the indicators remain halogen type.
- Moving on to the riding position it offers a comfortable upright riding posture that keeps you in comfort during the ride.
- Seat height is 800 mm, foot pegs are slightly rear seat and the handlebar is raised to keep your back straight during the ride.
- One more thing in this bike you don’t get any adjustable clutch/Brake lever.
- But you can get them installed as accessories from your nearest dealership.
- At last, I want to say that fit and finish & build quality are top notch of Apache RTR 160 4V.
TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Engine
Read More Engine
- Here comes my favorite part of the engine and in this section, I will explain everything about it.
- before talking about power and torque figures first let’s see what it’s like to ride.
- In the BS6 model, TVS has added an advanced fuel injection system (RT-FI).
- Whereas over the BS4 model Apache RTR 160 4V was available with a carburetor.
- Many people don’t know about terminology like RTR, 4V, and F.I.
- So RTR stands for Racing Throttle Response which means it responds faster on throttle input.
- whereas 4V stands for the four-valve engine which means the engine has 2-Exhaust & 2-Intake Valves.
- As this 159.7cc is a four-valve engine it performs well in the city & on the highway.
- You don’t feel any lack of power during acceleration & this bike can comfortably cruise on highways at 90 kmph all day.
- And I have seen that those bikes that have 4-valves that respond well during acceleration.
- Powering this TVS Apache RTR 160 4V is a single-cylinder, 4-valves SOHC Air+oil cooled engine.
- This engine develops 17.55 PS power in sport mode and 14.73 NM of torque.
- Well again there is a twist TVS has now added riding modes to enhance the riding experience according to riding conditions.
- These riding modes are Urban/Rain & Sport all these modes have different ECM settings.
- To smooth power delivery to the rear wheel is a 5-speed gearbox that feels smooth during the ride.
- One more thing Apache RTR 160 4V gets a side-stand engine cut-off switch as a safety feature.
- It works like that when you forgot to release the stand & start the engine as you shift the gear sensor shut down the engine automatically.
- Another thing that is different for BS4 is an extra small catalytic converter added to the exhaust pipe.
- This is added by the company because it helps to reduce harmful gases to meet BS6 Norms.
- Besides this, to cool the engine during the ride Oil cooler is provided with the engine that can be seen in front of the bike.
- Let me tell you how it works actually engine oil pass through the oil cooler radiator that cools the engine oil.
- And this cooled oil re-enters into the engine to further reduce the temperature which increases engine efficiency.
- Besides this, air cooling is also added to keep the engine temp in check under harsh riding conditions.
- so at last I can say Apache RTR 160 4V is a great street naked bike with awesome performance.
TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Fuel Economy
- Before saying anything about the mileage of TVS RTR 160 4V I haven’t expected this.
- I was seeing the mileage test of this bike this test rider filled exactly one liter of petrol in the bike.
- And continuously rode the bike in the city and on the highway with speeds between 50-90 kmph.
- And I was totally amazed to see the result of Apache rtr 160 4V delivering 44.3 kmpl mileage.
- I also believed that if you ride this bike below 60 kmph it can deliver up to 50 kmpl.
Apache RTR 160 4V Top Speed
- First, I want to share my opinion about the top speed that naked bikes are not designed to hit top speed.
- These bikes are designed to keep in mind comfortable rides and easy maneuverability.
- But we have tested the top speed and it’s more than the company claim 112 kmph in sport mode.
- During our ride, Bike achieved a top speed of 132 kmph.
- And top speed can vary according to riding conditions, riders’ weight, etc.
- Besides this, I have also mentioned in gear acceleration of this bike.
TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Special Edition 2023
- If you are one of those who like stylish graphics and colors just like I am.
- Then you are on the place because in this article I am reviewing Apache RTR 160 4v Special Edition.
- And this special edition color comes with different colors and some unique features.
- TVS has tried to make this special edition more appealing by adding new matte black color.
- Along with this matted black color red color alloy wheel have added to make the bike look more sporty.
- It is doing its job completely attracting customers and personally, I love this paint scheme.
- Besides this, some red color was added to the seat to look & feel attractive.
- The rest of the design of the TVS Apache RTR 160 4V special edition is almost the same as the regular 160 4V.
- Let’s see if are we getting any mechanical changes in the special edition bike.
- Yes TVS has added an adjustable brake and clutch lever but in regular RTR 160 4v, you will get no adjustable lever.
- But in the Special edition Apache RTR 160 4V you will get SmartXconnect & riding modes.
- whereas in regular RTR 160 you don’t get any smart connect feature.
- And the rest of the things you can see in the images I have shown in this paragraph.
New White Color with Red Alloy Wheels
So recently TVS added new color in its 160 4V Apache and this time bike looks really attractive so what’s new in this Bike? so you will get a red color Alloy wheel at the rear and black color alloy wheel up front.
Besides this, the company has changed the design of the exhaust so you will get a single barrel exhaust instead of a dual barrel exhaust, and a new Graphis has also been added to the bike to make it look fresh and a great thing you can see in the images.
TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Colour
- Moving on to the color section company is offering three colors with this bike.
- colors are Racing Red, Metallic Blue, and Knight black.
- All these colors can be seen in the images that I have posted on this blog.
- And I have shown the images of Knight’s black color bike.
TVS Apache RTR 160 4V SEAT HEIGHT
- The seat height of this bike is 800 mm which will be good for a 5’5″ guy.
- See this bike feels big when you sit on it so it will be difficult for people less than 5′
|Seat Height||800 MM.|
Riding Modes of TVS bikes
- TVS has developed riding modes for its bikes to enhance the performance of the vehicle.
- And you will see a dedicated button placed on the right side switch gear cluster.
- That helps you to select riding modes with just a press of a button & which mode you are in can be seen easily on the instrument console.
- There are three modes you will see in the Apache series bike that is URBAN/RAIN/SPORTS.
- URBAN MODE:- In this mode bike takes quick acceleration and deceleration & ABS respond sharply so that you can maneuver the bike easily in the city. In this mode, the bike develops 15.64 PS power.
- RAIN MODE:- In this mode sharp response of ABS comes into play a give you good control over the wet condition and in rain mode engine develops 15.64 PS power.
- SPORT MODE:- In this mode, your engine develops 17.55 PS of power and sharp throttle response with aggressive mid & top range and optimized ABS to give you good control over the bike during the ride.
Glide Through Technology (GTT)
- Now here comes the most interesting part of the bike GTT Glide Through Technology.
- In this paragraph, I will explain how Glide Through Technology works.
- Actually, this technology is all about riding the bike in city traffic up to 17 kmph without throttle input.
- Now you might be thing how it can be possible because usually, bikes get stall when we do not accelerate the bike while releasing the clutch.
- So in this technology, ECM is programmed to control the engine speed.
- Like when you are riding a bike in the city you need to release the clutch after engaging the first gear.
- as soon as you release the clutch bike will start to move automatically up to 7 kmph.
- when you shift the second gear it can automatically accelerate up to 12 kmph.
- And in the third gear bike can go up to 17 kmph without any acceleration input.
- Now like you are riding in the city you need to accelerate according to the traffic.
- That can be tiring when you are riding bumper-to-bumper traffic.
- So with GTT technology bike accelerates itself up the third gear without any throttle input from the rider.
Comparison Pulsar N160 & Apache RTR 160 4V
- When you look at both bikes together you will find that both RTR 160 4v & Pulsar N160 get the same design language.
- But visually RTR 160 4V looks slightly bigger and more muscular as compared to Pulsar N160.
- Bajaj Pulsar N160 is all new whereas Apache RTR 160 4V is here for years.
- First, let’s see what bajaj is offering us with N160 which same as the bigger N250.
- Up front, you will get a projector-led headlight with eyebrow-shaped LED DRLs.
- And Tailight is the same as we got in another bajaj Pulsar bike dual stripe type.
- Whereas TVS RTR 160 4V gets dual chambered LED headlight with DRLs in the middle of the headlight.
- when you sit on both bikes you will feel that the TVS bike is slightly bigger than the pulsar N160.
- The Bajaj N160 speedometer design looks attractive like a tachometer in the center and on the right side digital speedometer.
- Whereas Apache RTR 160 4V gets a comparatively smaller digital speedometer but shows better information about the bike.
- Another thing that TVS bike is offering if you get a special edition 160 4V is Riding modes.
- These riding modes are RAIN/URBAN/SPORT tuned the engine is according to the riding condition.
- whereas Pulsar N160 doesn’t get any riding modes but offered good power to ride the bike.
- On the Other Hand, TVS also offers SmartXConnect Bluetooth connectivity to show useful info about the bike.
- Again you don’t get any Bluetooth connectivity with the Bajaj Pulsar N160.
- Both bikes offer an upright riding position and a comfortable riding position.
- TVS offers single seats whereas Pulsar is offering split seats.
- Personally, I like the design of Apache 160 4v as compared to pulsar N160.
- First, let’s see what the Pulsar N160 engine offers to us because it’s a brand-new engine
- N160 using Single cylinder, 4 strokes, SOHC, 2 valves, Oil cooled, FI 164.82 cc engine.
- That Pumps 16 PS of power and 14.65 NM of torque & don’t have any riding modes.
- This engine is coupled with a 5-speed constant mesh gearbox that offers a smooth gear shift.
- As this, a two-valve engine produces less power as compared to RTR 1604v.
- But don’t think it’s that it doesn’t perform well on the road it delivers power in a leaner manner.
- Whereas Apache RTR 160 4V comes with SI, 4 strokes, Oil cooled, SOHC, Fuel Injection 159.7 cc engine.
- And it develops 17.55 PS power and 14.73 NM torque in Sport mode & coupled with a 5-speed gearbox.
- As you can see on paper TVS offers more power and performance as compared to pulsar n160.
- But its slight difference N160 has the same potential to perform on any kind of road situation.
- But in case you love to ride at high speed on the highway TVS RTR 160 4V slightly performs better.
|Pulsar NS 160||41.58 kmpl.|
|Apache 160 4V||43.16 kmpl.|
|Type||Single cylinder, 4 strokes, SOHC, 2 valves, Oil cooled FI.|
|Max Power||11.7 kW (16 PS) @ 8750 rpm.|
|Max Torque||14.65 Nm @ 6750 rpm.|
|TYRES Front||100/80-17 Tubeless|
|TYRES Rear||130/70-17 Tubeless.|
|Brakes F/R||Dual Channel ABS300 mm, Disc.|
Single Channel ABS280 mm, Disc.
Rear 230 mm Disc.
|Seat height – rider||795 mm.|
|Ground clearance||165 mm.|
Pulsar N160 Price
|Dual Channel ABS||Coming Soon.|
|Single Channel ABS||Rs 1,27,853/-|
Specifications Apache RTR 160 4V BS6
|Displacement||159.7 cc, 4Valve, Oil cooled & Fuel Injection Engine.|
|Power||17.63 ps @ 9250 RPM|
|Torque||14.73 NM @ 7200 RPM|
|Clutch||Wet Multi Plate Clutch.|
|Frame||Double Cradle spilled Synchro Stiff Frame.|
|Fuel Tank||12 L|
|Ground Clearance||180 MM|
|Brake||Disc (F/R) with ABS. Optional Drum.|
|Suspension F/R||Telescopic Fork (F) and Monoshock (R)|
|Top speed||132 km/h|
|Tyre Size F/R||90/90-17 49P Tubeless.|
110/80-17 57P Tubeless- Standard Drum.
Drum, 130/70 R17 M/C 62P Tubeless (Radial tyre)- Standard Disc.
|Dimensions H X L X W||1050/2035/790 mm|
|Seat Height||800 mm.|
Safety Features RTR 160 4V
- Super Moto ABS:- Your RTR 160 4v is equipped with supermoto single-channel ABS. this braking system helps the rider to maneuver the corner sharply.
- Wave bite Key:- the bike now comes with a special wave bite key to prevent theft. the motorcycle & the key carved such that a duplicate key cannot be used to start the ignition.
Digital Instrument Cluster
- 3-2-1 go. TVS Apache RTR 160 4V welcomes you with an alphanumeric race-inspired Speedo cum tacho.
- That set you in the mood to race with race diagnostic features like Lap Timer, 0-60 Timer, top speed recorder, etc.
- Also when you select riding mode speedometer shows the mode you are in.
- Besides this Special Edition RTR 160 4V comes with smart X Connect to further shows info about the bike on your smartphone.’
- when you turn on the ignition key yellowish light glows up in the instrument cluster.
- Then a message comes 1-2-3 go just to remind you that you are riding a racing bike.
- In the middle of the digital instrument cluster, you will see the speedometer & above there is a tachometer bar.
- Below the speedometer digit, the fuel level gauge is provided. on the left side, is a clock, and on the right side, an ODO meter is provided.
- And I forgot to mention below the clock there is a sign of service reminder that glows when your bike covered desired kilometers.
- On both sides of the instrument cluster, you find two buttons. on the left side, is the mode button & on the right side is the set button.
- First, let’s see the function of the mode button and what other options it shows when you press it.
- When you press the mode button it shows TRIP 1 again press it, and it will show you TRIP 2.
- And in case you want to reset the trip you need to press & hold the set button for a sec.
- After when you press the mode button the third time it will show you the Hi-Top speed that you have achieved during the ride.
- In case you want to reset the top speed press and hold the right-side SET button to keep it zero.
- When you press the button again it will show the lap timer to use this feature to keep your apache in this mode.
- And Accelerate your bike the Lap-Timer automatically shows the time taken to achieve 0-60 kmph.
- Moving on to another feature if you press and hold the Mode button long you can set the clock.
- Let me tell you how can you set the time just press and hold the mode button clock will start blinking.
- then press the mode button, again and again, to set your Hour clock & to set it to press the SET button.
- If your clock minutes start blinking you can set it by pressing the mode button and pressing the SET button to apply.
- After that, it’s time to set the RPM limiter to set it long press and hold the Mode button your clock will start blinking then again press it.
- It will take you to set RPM and the RPM bar will start blinking & to set it press set mode to change the rpm limit.
- These are all modes that you can use in your TVS Apache 160 4V I hope you are understanding the process correctly.
- Now besides these modes, some useful indicator lights are shown on the bottom of the speedometer.
- Like on the right side you will see CHECK ENGINE Light, Anti Lock Brake Light, and High beam Light.
- And on the bottom right side, you will see a NEUTRAL, LOW FUEL WARNING & KEY IMMOBILIZER LIGHT.
- Now let me explain to you how the immobilizer works in this features bikes key is programmed by a microchip in it.
- And it’s calibrated with the bike now here comes the trick if somebody tries to insert the other fake key.
- the bike will not start and the speedometer will turn on but the engine can not start & your machine stays protected from thieves.
- One more thing there is a round red color light that can be seen at the top right of the speedometer.
- now you might be wondering what kind of this light is let me tell you it’s RPM limit light.
- Whenever you exceed the RPM limit during the ride it will automatically start blinking & tells you that you have reached the RPM limit.
- Now if you have bought Limited Edition Apache rtr 160 4V you will get a special round gry color button on the right side switch gear cluster.
- Now, this dedicated button is provided to change the Riding mode & you don’t need to stop the bike to use it.
- You need to just press it once will set URBAN mode press a second time for RAIN mode & third time to set Sport mode.
- So I hope I have explained everything about the function of the speedometer.
Smart X Connect pairing process with Android/iPhone
- Now in this paragraph, I will tell you how you can connect your apache to your smartphone.
- All you have to do just follow these steps one by one till the last point of this paragraph.
- First, download the TVS Connect app from the play store if you are using iPhone then download it from the apple store.
- Then select the TVS to connect app it will ask you for some personal details like engine number and chassis no etc.
- After verifying all the requirements switch on the ignition of the bike & turn on the Bluetooth of your phone.
- Then press the Mode button that can be seen on the left side of the instrument cluster.
- Press it once it will show you Avg speed, press it again it will show lap time, etc.
- Press the mode button a couple of times till it shows Bluetooth pairing mode then press set mode bottom on the right side.
- Then your bike Bluetooth sends a signal to your phone and press scan on your android TVS connect app.
- And it will connect with your bike then you will see the passcode on your bike instrument cluster.
- Then use this passcode on your phone just like the normal Bluetooth function and you are successfully connected.
- I have shown some images so that you can understand them easily.
Bikes Similar to Apache RTR 160 4V
FAQ on Apache 160 4V
Q1 What is the mileage of RTR 160 4V BS6?
Ans- TVS Apache RTR 160 4v BS6 gives 44.8 kmpl mileage in mixed riding conditions.
Q2 Is Apache RTR 160 4V dual channel ABS?
And – yes. it comes with dual channel & single channel ABS. & it comes with 270 mm petal disc upfront & rear 200 mm of BYBRE.
Q3- Is TVS Apache RTR 160 4V worth buying?
Ans – Yes. because RTR 160 4V looks big muscular street-naked bike & delivers aggressive mid and top-range power with good 44.8 kmpl mileage.
Q4- Is Apache 1604v good for a long drive?
Ans– Yes of course. because a long ride requires a good engine & RTR 1604V gets four riding modes & can cruise up to 90kmph all day long without any problem.
Q5- Does Apache 160 have a kickstart?
Ans. No. in the BS6 2023 model. but the kick was available with the BS4 model.
Q6 Is Apache RTR 160 4V good for beginners?
Ans. Yes, it’s the best beginner’s bike because. it offers powerful performance & easy to handle. but if you dont have enough riding skills like you are riding for the first time be careful.
TVS Apache RTR 165Rp Series
- If regular apache RTR 160V is not up to your expectation and you want more performance.
- Then TVS has another more powerful variant called Apache RTR 165RP.
- Whereas RP stands for Race performance and it comes with pure racing graphics.
- But TVS only made 200 units and that is already sold it was a limited production bike.
- This bike is powered by a 164.9, single-cylinder oil-cooled four-stroke engine.
- That delivers 19.2 PS of power and 14.2 Nm of torque coupled with a 5-speed gearbox.
- Besides this up front, it has shown race-tuned telescopic forks and at the rear showa race tuned monoshocker.
- The rest of the design is the same as the regular apache RTR 160 4V and you will get LED headlights with DRLs.
- In this 165RP series bike, you will also get three steps adjustable clutch and brake lever.
Expert Opinion About Apache RTR 160 4V
- I am totally impressed with the new 2023 apache rtr 160 4V because its offers a sporty design and power full performance at a very reasonable price.
- Like its offering riding modes, Bluetooth connectivity, and a punchy four-valves engine.
- And the nice thing about his bike is it’s fuel-efficient too it’s delivering 44.8 kmpl mileage in mixed riding conditions.
- But TVS should improve its plastic quality because it rattles at high speed.
- On the other hand, you also have A new Bajaj pulsar N160, Pulsar NS 160, and Yamaha Mt-15.
- that offer almost the same performance as apache 1604 V.
In this Blog, I have tried to give information as much as I could if you like this blog then don’t forget to share it with your friends.
Avinash Sharma (Blogger)